Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie. Cheesy Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie. September is National Biscuit Month, so there's no better time to share the news of the new partnership between Southern Bite and White Lily Flour. For generations, my family has been using White Lily to turn out the most perfect biscuits.
Rotisserie chicken, slathered in cheese and topped with buttery, flaky biscuit – your taste buds will thank you for this pot pie gem! Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – This Chicken Pot Pie is creamy and comforting, while being made easy into a chicken casserole! This Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Chive Biscuits is SO delicious, and a fun twist on traditional chicken pot pie. You can cook Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast diced.
- You need 2 cup of frozen carrots,peas,corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter unsalted.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 6 oz of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
A classic creamy filling of chicken, carrots, celery, and potatoes is studded with sharp cheddar cheese, and these topped with fluffy, tender biscuits. This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping. Instead of the usual pastry crust, this chicken pie is topped with savory cheese biscuits. The biscuit dough is rolled to a pan-size rectangle and the biscuits are cut into squares, so none of the dough is wasted.
Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 450. Add half stick of butter to a large skillet pan. Sweat onions for about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes. Slowly add 1/4 cup flour to the pan while whisking. Cook about 2 minutes..
- Add 3 cup chicken broth , stir. Add 3 oz parmesan cheese. Stir . Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Just enough time to make your cheesy biscuits..
- In a medium mixing bowl, add these ingredients for the cheesy biscuits topper…. 2 cup flour, 3 oz parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk to mix…. add 1 cup milk and half stick melted butter. Whisk and mix well..
- Add rounded spoonfuls of the biscuit mix into the pan. Do it in a clockwise formation starting outside in. Biscuits will expand . Don't worry if you think it looks weird, it will work and you'll love it..
- Place in oven. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Biscuits should turn a delicious golden brown ..
This biscuit topped chicken pot pie packs double the comfort and it's super simple to make. This pot pie recipe begins on the stovetop and is finished in the oven to bake the biscuits on top. Drop biscuits are the simplest of biscuits to make and using an ice cream scoop keeps them uniform in size for even baking. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. Top with biscuit rounds, cutting some in half, if necessary, to cover top of mixture.