Hobo Dinner. Shape beef into a patty; place in the center of foil with potato, carrot and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Fold foil over and seal well; place on a baking sheet.
Prepare the hobo ingredients beforehand or make them. Our hobo dinner is a perfect summer meal made over the campfire but gets even better as the nights become cooler. Potatoes, onions, carrots, and beef come together with a creamy sauce to create a wonderful comfort food dinner. You can have Hobo Dinner using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hobo Dinner
- It’s 4 of Chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- It’s 8 of Red potatoes.
- It’s 5 small of frozen corn on the cob.
- It’s of Baby carrots.
- It’s 8 oz of Bottle Italian dressing.
- It’s 1 of celery or onion if desired.
- It’s 1 dash of Morton Nature's Seasons seasoning blend.
There is a slight chance that when you cheerily tell your wine-toting dinner gues ts that you're making an authentic hobo dinner, they may look for the door. Easy Hobo Dinner with Hamburger, Spiced Sausage, Potatoes and Vegetables. An excellent camping dinner that can easily be made at home in the oven or on the grill. How to make hobo dinners in the oven: You can easily make this delicious hobo dinner foil packet meal in the oven.
Hobo Dinner instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking dish with foil.
- Add thawed chicken to dish, sprinkle top with seasoning.
- Rinse potatoes and cut them into four quarters, arrange in dish around chicken..
- Nestle corn around chicken and potatoes in dish.
- Throw the baby carrots in, around, and on top of everything. (As many as you like, I use a couple handfuls.).
- If you are using onion or celery, add it now. Not much should be needed. A stalk or two of celery and maybe half an onion..
- Cover everything with the entire 8 oz bottle of Italian dressing..
- Cover with foil and place in oven for about 45 mins..
- At this point I increased the temperature to 400 and cooked about 30 to 40 minutes longer. Until potatoes and carrots are cooked through and chicken is done-no pink! Adjust this as needed, times are approximate. Maybe even try uncovering it for the last little bit..
- This recipe is very versatile and measurements are mostly estimated. You can add more or less of whatever you like. Feel free to share your ideas!.
Make this Hobo dinner foil packet meal tonight! This hobo dinner has cream of chicken soup, ground beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, but you can totally switch the veggies up if you want, try bell peppers, or corn next time too! These delicious dishes can be cooked over coals in a fire, on your grill, or in your oven at home. Place veggies and hamburger pattie in middle of large sheet of aluminum foil. Bring up the two long sides of the foil to meet above the food, fold (crimp) the foil several times until it is snug against the food.