Chicken empanada. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Lightly brush edges of crust with water. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
You just mix everything into one bowl before adding it into the empanada discs. To make it extra (extra) easy, you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred that for the chicken empanada filling. While you could probably cover just about anything in a buttery pastry crust and call it a recipe win, when it comes to the savory side of the spectrum, the gold belongs to the empanada alone. You can have Chicken empanada using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken empanada
- Prepare 1 large of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of beans ( black, pinto, kidney, doesn't matter).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernals.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 can of cresant rolls.
Full-flavored, handheld, and absolutely delicious, baked Chicken Empanadas with a cheesy, green chile filling are perfect for any and every occasion!. The filling comes together with a simple mix of juicy. Enclosed in a mildly sweet flaky pastry that is baked to golden crispy perfection. Ideal for snacks, light meals or breakfast!
Chicken empanada instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, season your chicken however you like. I use Chipotle and black pepper..
- In a pan, heat vegitable oil at medium heat on stovetop. When oil pops when you sprinkle water in it it's ready..
- When pan is hot enough, place seasoned chicken breast in to cook till juices run clear..
- In a sauce pan put the undrained can on beans, corn and green pepper in, let it simmer covered on medium heat..
- When chicken breast is done cooking let it sit on a plate for a few minutes. Then I put it in my ninja blender, a food processor will work ok too, you want to shred the chicken..
- Put Shedded chicken back in the pan with 2/3 cup of water and the envelope of taco seasoning. Cook for a few minutes over medium low heat. String frequently so chicken doesn't stick..
- When the water is almost gone, put taco seasoned chicken in a bowl, with the drained bean mix, add the cheese. Mix with a spoon..
- Rolls out the cresant rolls. Flatten them out, add a heaping teaspoon of the chicken and bean mix to the cresant roll and roll them up. Be sure to seal the mix in well, you don't want it to open while they are cooking..
- Put in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes..
- Enjoy with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, whatever the preference. Very yummy..
Empanadas are to South Americans what sandwiches are to Americans: a portable lunch with endless filling combinations and styles of dough. This empanada recipe contains braised chicken, olives, and spices, surrounded by a flaky, buttery dough. Chicken Empanada is a type of pastry that is stuffed with chicken meat, potato, carrots, and sweet peas. This is made by arranging the filling in the middle of a flattened dough and sealing it by pinching and folding the edges. Similar types of Empanadas are also common in Spain and South America.