Chicken and Corn Chowder. Bush's® Red Beans are Perfect For Corn Chowder. Pin To Your Recipe Board Today! A rich corn chowder built on a base of chicken stock and half-and-half has yellow and white corn, potatoes, and shredded chicken for a meal in a bowl.
A chowder made with chicken and corn. It can be reheated with the cream added without curdling, even in the microwave. Purchased roast chicken and frozen corn kernels simplify the preparation. You can cook Chicken and Corn Chowder using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 of medium carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 packages of frozen pepper stir fry.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 lb of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 medium of potatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast, cooked and chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Tony Chacheres, to taste.
Serve the chowder first, then a variety of grilled sausages with the mixed-greens salad and corn bread alongside. We're accomplishing so much down home comfort today, all in one little bowl! For reasons I cannot articulate, I have been craving a chicken and corn chowder for weeks. I had one at a restaurant weeks ago and ever since then, it's been on.
Chicken and Corn Chowder step by step
- Melt butter in large heavy bottom pan. (I use a cast iron dutch oven).
- Saute carrots until partially soft..
- Add pepper stir fry. Saute until onion is translucent and peppers are soft..
- Add bacon and cook until fat is rendered..
- Add garlic. Saute 1 minute..
- Add flour and stir to a thick paste. Add oil if to thick. Add more flour if too thin. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Stir in chicken broth..
- Add chicken, corn, salt and pepper..
- Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in heavy cream. Do not allow to return to simmer..
- Top bowls with Tony's to taste..
A delicious and easy Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder topped with crispy bacon, green onions and jalapenos. This soup is great family-friendly comfort food that's so easy to prepare. You can't go wrong with this one! Chicken Corn Chowder is a creamy and hearty soup that is packed full of flavor. It's creamy but still has just the right amount of chunks.