Poblano Chowder. Rich corn chowder with roasted poblanos, fresh corn, potatoes, onions, stock, and cream. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer It's chile season! My poblanos are taking over the garden right now so I thought I would cook up a few into a hearty corn chowder.
Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder is a creamy soup filled with smoky fire roasted poblano peppers, fresh corn, tender diced potatoes, and crisp bell pepper. This Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder was inspired by my love of eating spicy foods on cold days, and my fan-favorite poblano cream sauce recipe. A nice creamy soup with the touch of spiciness from poblano peppers. You can have Poblano Chowder using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poblano Chowder
- Prepare 2 of Tbsp olive or coconut oil.
- You need 8 of Large poblano peppers.
- It’s 1 of small white onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 of small red potato.
- You need 1 of bunch of scallions.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- Prepare 1 of small bag of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 of cooked, large chicken breasts. Can use rotisserie, just pick the whole bird..
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of box of stock.
- It’s 1 of large container of light sour cream.
- You need 1 of Salt, pepper & Cajun seasoning to taste.
Add the carrots, onions, celery, garlic, poblano peppers, salt, white pepper, cumin and thyme. While the peppers are cooling, melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Call us corny, but with Trader Joe's Corn Poblano Chowder, you're in for one a-maize-ing bowl of soup. Made for us in Wisconsin, it's a thick, full-bodied, traditional corn chowder featuring diced poblano peppers, hearty chunks of potato, sweet corn kernels, diced red pepper, peas, and cilantro throughout.
Poblano Chowder step by step
- In a large soup pot, over med/high heat saute onion, celery, poblano, garlic in oil until veggies are tender. About 20 min..
- Meanwhile, dice the potato small and saute with oil in a seperate skilet. Cook until tender. You will add this after the soup is pureed..
- Season poblano mix to taste. Add stock and bring too a boil..
- Puree poblano/stock mixture, and one cup of sour cream until velvety smooth. Work in batches if necessary..
- Return to cooking pot and bring too a simmer..
- Now add your chicken, corn, potatoes and the juice of one lime..
- Simmer for 15 min..
- If you want a creamier soup, add more sour cream. If you would like a thinner soup, add more chicken stock..
- Serve with lots of garnishes. I like chopped scallion, queso fresco, lime wedges, cilantro and tortilla chips..
Use fish stock or shrimp stock instead of chicken. While you could make this spicy take on corn chowder with frozen corn, it's best with fresh. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or similar pot over medium heat. Roasted Poblano Corn and Potato Chowder with Bacon and Gouda Cheese is total comfort in a bowl! This creamy chowder with smoky Poblano peppers, sweet corn, buttery Yukon gold potatoes, smoky bacon and Gouda cheese needs to be your go-to this fall and winter!