Chicken Pot Pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes, cubed.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 packages of Pillsbury pie crust.
- Prepare 3 can of water.
This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Grease crock pot..
- Lay chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- Layer onions and potatoes over chicken.
- Add butter and chicken soup.
- Add three cans of water.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7-8.
- Take chicken out and shred with forks, put back in & stir well..
- Steam frozen peas and carrots, add to crock pot.
- Transfer chicken mix to baking dish and top with pre made pie crust..
- Bake as directed for the pie crust.
Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie Your Family will Love.