Aunt Donna's Chicken and Noodles. Aunt Donna's Chicken and Noodles I learned this recipe from my husband's aunt many years ago. To a slow cooker chicken, I added an old family noodle recipe. If you want it to be more like a soup, add another quart of broth.
Take chicken out and take meat off bones and cut in small pieces and set aside. You might need to add more water to make enough to boil noodles, and make soupie. Unroll noodles and drop into boiling soup base. You can have Aunt Donna's Chicken and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aunt Donna's Chicken and Noodles
- It’s 2 stalk of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot, shredded.
- You need 1 can of cooked chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 box of warm water.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen noodles.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cooked chicken breast.
- You need 1 box of chicken broth.
After noodles are boiling then add chicken. You can double the noodles for a larger pot of soup. Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Noodles Notes: Looking for more recipes? When I was a young girl I used to visit my aunt and grandmother often.
Aunt Donna's Chicken and Noodles instructions
- In a large dutch oven, place onion, celery, carrots, and chicken broth..
- Fill empty chicken broth box with warm water two times. Add to pan..
- Heat over high heat until liquid reaches a full rolling boil. Then add frozen noodles to pan..
- Cook noodles according to package directions. (Approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.).
- Add cream of chicken soup to noodles in pan. Stir until cream soup dissolves in broth..
- Add salt, pepper, and canned chicken, continuing to stir occasionally..
- Continue cooking for approximately 15 minutes or until thickened. Still stirring from time to time..
- Serve in bowls with crackers or bread and a salad. Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container..
My aunt used to make the best chicken and noodles! So rich and creamy and delicious that you couldn't help but ask for seconds. I was wanting to recreate her recipe, but in a one pot version, so I got to work creating this dish. Used Swansens Natural goodness chicken broth. Increase heat and add frozen egg noodles and chicken.