Chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. You can have Chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 pack of pre made pie crusts.
- You need 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, corn, pea or similar).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can.
Chicken pot pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Once cooled, shred the chicken breasts..
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pie pan with one of the pie crusts..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream of mushroom soup and frozen vegetables. Stir until combined. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Stir until combined..
- Pour chicken mixture into pie pan. Even out with a spoon. Add second pie crust to top. Trim excess pie crust with a knife. Pinch edge all the way around with a fork or finger..
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour..
Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie Your Family will Love.