Peanut Satay Stir Fry. Meet your new midweek secret weapon: an astonishingly quick Satay Peanut Stir Fry that tastes like what you get from Chinese restaurants. A savory peanut sauce covers every inch of this flavor-packed peanut satay chicken stir-fry! Load it up with all your favorite vegetables and pile it over hot fluffy rice.
Stir gently to separate, then drain thoroughly. Add coconut milk mixture and chicken to the vegetables in wok. Cook and stir until just heated through. You can cook Peanut Satay Stir Fry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut Satay Stir Fry
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz) of light coconut milk.
- It’s 1/3 c of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 lb of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces).
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 c of frozen broccoli, sweet pepper, and onion stir-fry vegetables.
- You need 1/2 c of frozen peas.
- Prepare 4 c of cooked rice.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all of your satay sauce ingredients really well. Add broth/water last, and only enough to create a thick, pourable sauce. Return your cooked chicken to the skillet and drizzle with satay sauce. A simple, really tasty peanut sauce to use in stir fries and noodles!
Peanut Satay Stir Fry instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, the 1/2 tsp salt, the ginger, and crushed red pepper. Set aside..
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with additional salt and pepper. Pour oil into a large skillet; heat over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from skillet..
- Add stir-fry vegetables and peas to skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through..
- Add coconut milk mixture to vegetables; return chicken to skillet. Cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon chicken mixture over hot cooked rice, using a slotted spoon if desired..
Tastes like a Satay Peanut Sauce. To use, follow formula below or for full directions, use this Satay Peanut Chicken Stir Fry or this Stir Fried Noodles with Peanut Sauce recipe. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside. I use this every single time I make a stir fry as it is just absolutely epic. If I don't have sugar snap peas or baby corn I just whack everything I've got in.