Tex-Mex Chicken and Three Bean Soup. Instant Pot Tex-Mex Chicken and Black Bean Soup. This Healthy Chicken & Black Bean Tex Mex Soup being a real family favorite. It's packed with protein & fiber, making it low cal and healthy- as long as you exercise some portion control.
This simplified scratch-made soup is a spicy (but not too spicy) step beyond basic chicken soup. Made with chili powder, cumin, green chiles, corn and tomatoes, there's plenty of flavor to go around. Add rice toward the end of cooking to keep the texture just right, and when it's good and hot, serve with crunchy tortilla chips and a helping of shredded Mexican cheese blend for a hearty. You can cook Tex-Mex Chicken and Three Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex-Mex Chicken and Three Bean Soup
- It’s 2 pounds of chicken breasts chopped into 1/2 inch pieces.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 can of black beans ( drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can of red beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can of white beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 16 ounce of frozen corn.
- Prepare 16 ounces of salsa.
- It’s 16 ounces of vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 pkg. of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped zucchini (1/2 inch).
- You need of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese for topping.
- Prepare of Sour Cream for topping.
Tex-Mex Chicken Soup is chockful of flavor and a feast for the eyes as well with chunks of colorful tomato, black beans, corn, and cilantro. In a large stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir the soup and chicken in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the cheese, stirring constantly, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted.
Tex-Mex Chicken and Three Bean Soup step by step
- Sauté chicken in olive oil until browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Put the three cans of drained and rinsed beans, corn, salsa, broth, water and taco seasoning in crockpot. Add cooked chicken and stir well. Cooked on high for 3 to 4 hours..
- Then add the chopped zucchini and cooked brown rice, continue cooking for 1 hour or until zucchini is tender..
- Serve hot with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips..
Top the soup with the avocado-tomato mixture and serve immediately. Tex-Mex Black Bean and Chicken Wrap. This delicious Simple Cooking with Heart sandwich not only tastes amazing, but it's also a good way to get some veggies into your day. Put six cups of water in large pot, cover, and bring to a boil. While water is heating, start step three.