Easy veggie soup. This tasty homemade vegetable soup recipe with a tomato base features potatoes, green beans This made the perfect veggie soup and got rave, I mean RAVE, reviews! I did add some frozen green. This homemade vegetable soup is healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic.
Pack in the nutrients over the colder months with our vibrant veggie soup ideas, from supergreen pea and spinach to creamy tomato and spiced parsnip. Here's our easy homemade vegetable soup recipe that's can be adjusted to use the veggies you have on hand. Many recipes touting to be vegetable soup also contain chicken or beef stock as a base. You can cook Easy veggie soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy veggie soup
- Prepare 1 liter of veggie stock (I used two Kallo garlic and herb cubes).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of chopped onions.
- You need 1 1/2 of cupid chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped potatoes.
- You need 1 tbs of or so tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of Sugar (optional).
- Prepare of Fresh dill for garnish.
I made this soup for a holiday dinner and someone asked about how I get some much flavour into a vegetable soup without. Holy moly—this easy veggie soup is so creamy and sumptuous, you'd never guess it has more than an ENTIRE serving of. A quick and easy vegetable soup! You can use the vegetables listed below or go with whatever bits and pieces of raw or cooked veggies that you have in your fridge.
Easy veggie soup instructions
- In a stock pot or large sauce pan, saute carrots, onions, and celery in the olive oil until tender. I know my mirepoix proportions aren't traditional – you should use what works best for you..
- Add in the stock, potatoes, tomato paste, and thyme. Stir to make sure the tomato paste is thoroughly combined..
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to let simmer..
- In a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add in the flour. Whisk thoroughly to combine and then whisk continuously until the roux turns brown and smells nutty, about six minutes or so for me..
- Turn up the heat on the soup mix and add the roux a bit at a time. Mix to make sure the roux is throughly incorporated, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce to desired thickness — I go for runny but not watery..
- My gf likes things a little sweet, so I added about a 1/2 tsp or so of sugar at this point. Personally, I'd leave it out but it does round the taste a bit..
- Let cool and then refrigerate for at least two hours to let the tastes combine. Reheat, garnish with fresh dill, and serve..
These easy vegetarian soup recipes have just what you need to cook up some amazing soups Many of these vegetarian soups also use mushrooms, cauliflower, or extra cheese for a hearty bite. This soup recipe uses variety of vegetables and vegetable stock to make it more healthy and tasty. Every sip of warm and healthy vegetable soup is a divine experience during cold winter days. This healthy Chickpea Vegetable Soup recipe is so simple to make! These soups make it easy to eat your veggies.