Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper. Arrange the biscuits over the chicken mixture. Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together using fork. Mix in shortening with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
This biscuit topped chicken pot pie packs double the comfort and it's super simple to make. This pot pie recipe begins on the stovetop and is finished in the oven to bake the biscuits on top. Drop biscuits are the simplest of biscuits to make and using an ice cream scoop keeps them uniform in size for even baking. You can have Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper
- You need 2 T of Butter.
- Prepare 1 C of Thinly Sliced Celery.
- You need 1 C of Sliced Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 Lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into 3/4" pieces.
- Prepare 2 T of Gluten-Free Flour.
- You need 1/2 t of Dried Thyme, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 t of Salt.
- You need 1/4 t of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 1 C of Gluten-Free Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 t of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 C of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
Lightly sprinkle dough with paprika, if desired. This easy homemade pot pie combines cooked chicken, peas, carrots, and onion in a creamy chicken sauce. Top with spoonfuls of drop biscuit dough, or use pre-made refrigerated biscuits. The part about this particular chicken pot pie that made me swoon, however, wasn't the creamy (i.e. store bought) filling, but its golden, fluffy biscuit topping.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 2-Q square or rectangular baking dish with olive oil..
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat. Add the next three ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cool 5 minutes or just until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in the next four ingredients; gradually stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in peas; cook and stir 1 minute more. Cover and keep warm..
- For biscuit topper, in a medium bowl stir together the next three ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 C butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add 1/2 C almond milk all at once; Stir just until moistened..
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish. Crumble biscuit topper on top of chicken mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
It was like the best part of a crème brûlée, that irresistible crunch you can't wait to tap, tap, tap with a spoon. These easy pot pie recipes are pure comfort food. Make them in an oven, skillet or slow-cooker – you cant go wrong. By: The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Make the filling on Sunday, then just add the topping today while the oven heats.