Chicken, spinach & bacon pasta. One-Pan Cream Chicken and Spinach is a comforting creamy chicken dinner with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Not to mention it is Keto-friendly. Parmesan-coated chicken baked in a creamy spinach sauce.
Say goodbye to dry, flavorless chicken breasts and HELLO to this easy and flavorful skillet dinner with chicken and creamed spinach! It is the most perfect weeknight dinner. Add spinach, in batches, until wilted. You can have Chicken, spinach & bacon pasta using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, spinach & bacon pasta
- It’s 17 oz bag of dry spaghetti or spaghetini (any long pasta I'm sure will do).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 2 cups of diced tomatoes (canned or fresh), I used canned diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning already in them.
- Prepare 3 cups of fresh baby spinach (or 1/2 box or bag of frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water gathered before you drain the pasta.
Herb Chicken Skillet with Spinach and Tomatoes. Learn how to make the perfect weeknight dinner with this tasty chicken and spinach recipe. Serve over a hot plate of pasta and couscous. Take chicken out of the oven, flip over each chicken breast, and layer the spinach mixture over each piece.
Chicken, spinach & bacon pasta instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to directions. Save your water from here before you dump your pasta to drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat the oil, season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken over medium high heat 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Move the cooked chicken to a cutting board and cut into slices.
- In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then chop into pieces of just crumble it… Your choice.
- Pour off half the bacon fat back into the larger skillet. Over medium heat – add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Stir again then let simmer 5 minutes or so.
- Add the spaghetti and toss until fully coated. Add chicken and bacon and toss again to mix. Serve sprinkled with additional Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!!.
Top with shredded mozzarella and feta cheese. Place the chicken pieces in the hot oil, skin-side down. Arrange the chicken pieces on the spinach, skin-side up. Add the pimientos, spinach and lemon juice, then stir until the spinach has wilted, for a minute or so. Nestle the chicken back into the skillet, spooning a little sauce over the top.