Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta. A Hearty Vegetarian Dish: Big pasta shells, packed with cheese and smothered in sauce, it'll please all! Pasta: Use jumbo pasta shells, cook according to package instructions. The flavors of the lemon, capers, wine, butter, ricotta, spinach, parsley, and chicken combined perfectly.
Stuffed shells are one of my favorite meals to make. Tender pasta shells stuffed with cheese and baked with pasta sauce until warm and gooey. To me they are comfort food at it's finest. You can have Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta
- You need 4 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 package of frozen spinach.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic plus.
- It’s 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 package of fettuccine noodles.
- You need 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes.
- You need 12 strips of bacon.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 jar of favorite Alfredo sauce.
The jumbo shells are stuffed with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, onions and garlic. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place egg in a shallow bowl.
Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta instructions
- Slice a pocket in the chicken breasts.
- Set aside.
- Dethaw frozen spinach in microwave 2 minutes.
- Mix ricotta , garlic, spinach, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff into chicken pockets, secure with toothpicks.
- Grease 8×10 casserole dish and lay chicken vertically.
- Open stewed tomatoes and pour over chicken, cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bring salted water to a boil..
- Slice cooked bacon and sundried tomatoes mix in a bowl with 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place chicken in the oven, and cook pasta until al Dente , drain and add sundried tomatoes, bacon and Alfredo sauce to pasta.
- Simmer on low heat until sundried tomatoes are soft wait until chicken is ready (about 35-40 minutes).
- Remove chicken from oven (as well as toothpicks!!).
- Place on plate with pasta , add your favourite salad or rice!!.
Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in the ricotta and lemon zest, then season well. See great recipes for Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta too!