Chicken stuffed bell peppers. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Here is a healthy entree that takes a little bit of extra time, but it's is well worth it in the end. These chicken stuffed peppers are filled with so much goodness, and they are basically a full meal in one because you get three veggies (corn, onion and peppers), a whole grain (brown rice), two proteins (black beans and chicken) and a fruit (tomatoes).
How to make stuffed bell peppers Prepare the bell peppers. I like to use red bell peppers in the stuffed peppers recipe since the red ones tend to be sweeter than the green. To prepare them, just slice off the tops, and remove the seeds. You can cook Chicken stuffed bell peppers using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed bell peppers
- You need 4 of medium red pepper, cut in half, seeds removed.
- It’s 2 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts, cut into small cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- You need 1 cup of chickpeas, canned, drained.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro, or lemon thyme (for garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Make the chicken and rice filling Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini. Spoon the remaining rice mixture around peppers. More ways to make stuffed bell peppers: Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Peppers – Everything you love about jalapeno poppers, shoved inside a pepper. Lasagna Stuffed Peppers – If you're missing lasagna, you need to try these lasagna stuffed peppers.
Chicken stuffed bell peppers step by step
- Preheat oven 375°F. Place bell pepper in a glass dish, spray with olive oil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper. Cook, stir frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, lime juice, fresh herbs and rice. Reduce heat to med-low and cook another 3-5 minutes..
- Scoop chicken mixture into bell peppers, evenly. Add cheese, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 3 minutes. Or broil..
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh herbs !.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers – These peppers are full of buffalo wing goodness. Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, on the greased baking sheet. Spoon half of the marinara sauce into the peppers. Sprinkle half of Parmesan over the marinara. Add a few pieces of chicken to each pepper, then spoon over the rest of the marinara sauce, and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan.