Cajun Seared Marmalade Chicken. Bringing all the flavor with this Skillet Creamy Cajun Chicken Lazone with Herby Corn. Lightly breaded chicken seared until golden in a creamy, spicy, cajun style sauce that is truly delicious. This chicken is made all in one skillet with herbed summer corn, and a squeeze of lemon.
The Cajun seared chicken really pack in flavor and you can tell they separately marinade these meats, keep them juicy and tender, and allow the sauce to just add to the flavor. The Cajun cream sauce does not have a spicy tone but really keeps the milky texture of a cream sauce that compliments all of the ingredients. The best part of Cajun seasoning is when it's seared or charred. You can have Cajun Seared Marmalade Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Seared Marmalade Chicken
- Prepare of For blackening seasoning:.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need of For chicken:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of yellow or brown rice.
- You need 4 of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 package (16 ounces) of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange marmalade.
The spicy crunch is simply perfection! This recipe is so easy, if you're thinking of trying out a Cajun chicken recipe, start here! What's In this Chicken Thighs Recipe? These pan seared chicken thighs are juicy and full of flavor with very few ingredients.
Cajun Seared Marmalade Chicken instructions
- Mix all seasoning ingredients and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cook rice according to package directions..
- While rice is cooking, coat chicken in a liberal dose of blackening seasoning. Sear chicken for 1 minute on each side until nicely blackened and crisp. Transfer to a nonstick baking dish and bake for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness of meat), or until juices run clear..
- Cook veggies according to package instructions. Mix with cooked rice and divide among four plates..
- Plate 1 chicken breast over rice mixture, and add 1 dollop marmalade on top of each..
Make the Blackened Seasoning – Add the spices and dried herbs to a small bowl and stir to combine.; Prep and Season – Pat the breasts dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture, ensuring a good sear. Then, drizzle them with oil and sprinkle the Blackened Seasoning over the breasts. Rub it in to adhere, and don't worry if all of it doesn't stick to the breasts. Squeeze juice from lemon over chicken, and garnish, if desired. Cajun Butter Pasta is our favorite; with its creamy sauce and seared chicken breasts, you can't go wrong.