Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables. Browse Our Fast & Easy Fried Chicken Recipes Collection. Add bowl contents, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, and salt. Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
This is something my sister just sort of whipped up one day. If you love traditional fried rice but don't love the calorie price tag that comes with it, this recipe is for you! This healthy chicken and vegetables fried rice recipe is loaded with vegetables and made with whole grain brown rice. You can have Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables
- Prepare of to cook chicken with sauce:.
- Prepare of Ingredients:.
- You need 12 of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds) (I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar(or less).
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 6 tablespoons of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Hot cooked long grain rice.
- You need of Chicken broth if needed.
- Prepare of To make fried Rice:.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken, about 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 3 cups of cooked rice *.
- It’s 2 Tbs of sesame oil.
- You need 1 of small white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed.
- You need 2-3 Tablespoons of soy sauce (more or less to taste).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 2 Tbsp of chopped green onions (optional).
- You need 1 of large leek (sliced cut).
- It’s 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
Chicken Fried Rice is very easy to put together at the same time one could easily go wrong especially when it comes to the moisture content in the Rice, the more reason why it is best to use the rice that has been cooked a day before for this recipe, this is because the longer the Rice stays, the more dehydrated it becomes, so that when you stir fry the Rice and add the soy sauce, it still. The Ingredients for Chicken Fried Rice. Now, I make fried rice at home often, and this version with chicken is one of my favorites. I add onions, carrots and peas to my rice, but you can throw in whatever vegetables you have.
Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables instructions
- In a large pot boil water,add chicken breasts,cook,reserve its juice to use later,Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid..
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour vegetable oil in the bottom. Add white onion and leek, and peas and carrots and fry until tender..
- Meanwhile cook rice. Do not over cook (to make perfect rice search in my recipes).
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix..
- Dd the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined..
Diced bell peppers, zucchini or sliced cabbage work well, too. Fried rice contains some oil, but other than that, the basic ingredients of chicken breast, vegetables, eggs and rice are wholesome and full of nutrients and protein. If you're looking for ways to make your fried rice healthier, you can use half the amount of vegetable oil, substitute cooked brown rice for white rice, and add an assortment of. Easy Chicken Fried Rice with vegetables. This recipe is really versatile, and you can easily add in different veg that you may have to hand – sweetcorn, broccoli or red peppers would be a wonderful addition.