Easy Chicken Cacciatori. A 'back to basics' version of the classic Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken meat simmered with garlic, onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, beans and oregano. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks or slices and add to sauce. Toss pasta with cacciatore and serve. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and Italian seasoning. You can cook Easy Chicken Cacciatori using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Cacciatori
- Prepare 3 of lbs. chicken breast, cubed.
- You need 2 jars of spaghetti sauce (1 garden vegetable + 1 tomato-basil).
- You need 1 bag of frozen peppers and onions blend.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesean cheese.
- It’s of olive oil or coconut oil.
Add chicken, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Prepare Easy Chicken Cacciatore per recipe all the way through step two. Chicken simmered with a heap of vegetables and tomatoes in a sauce fragrant with oregano.
Easy Chicken Cacciatori instructions
- Using a Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot, heat olive oil or coconut oil until shimmering, then add cubed chicken..
- Cook chicken until browned, stirring occasionally until outside if chicken no longer looks raw.
- Add peppers/onions and stir fry together with chicken..
- Add sauce, seasonings and parmesean cheese, stirring to combine..
- Cover and put in 350° oven for 30 minutes. Serve with pasta, wild rice, or favorite side and favorite vegetables..
- Pictured here with wild rice and artichoke..
Tender chunks of chicken breast simmer in an Italian-style tomato sauce with lots of mushrooms. The dish is served on hot egg noodles and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Chicken cacciatore—or chicken in the style of the hunter—is a warm and hearty stewed dish from the Italian-American culinary canon. This dish typically features browned chicken, herbs, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and other deeply flavorful vegetables. On a cold winter night, this chicken cacciatore recipe is perfectly wonderful and a total crowd pleaser!