Chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. You can have Chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- You need 2-3 of chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken pulled apart.
- It’s 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- You need 1 can of biscuits.
- Prepare 1 can of Cresent roll or any baking crust of your choice.
This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can.
Chicken pot pie instructions
- I first took the Cresent roll dough and lined the dish with it, placed in oven and cooked as directed, once done i set it aside..
- Mix shredded chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, cans of soup and salt and pepper to taste..
- Once the chicken mixture is warmed up and smooth, pour into the shell you set aside..
- Next open your can of biscuits, (I used flaky biscuits) but any will do. Place the biscuits on top of the mixture..
- Place in oven on the temperature on your biscuit package and bake..
Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie Your Family will Love.