Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker). Arroz con Pollo is a saffron braised chicken and rice recipe for the pressure cooker. This delicious Mexican chicken dinner is served family style on a large platter garnished with pimiento and peas. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
To try to ensure even cooking of all ingredients I cubed the chicken and used brown rice. Cubed chicken will cook faster obviously, and brown rice should hold up to the cooking. Just dump all your ingredients into an electric multicooker, such as the Instant Pot, in this easy recipe for flavorful arroz con pollo. You can cook Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker)
- It’s 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast – cut to 1" cubes.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of bell pepper (green or red) – diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of yellow onion – diced.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeños – seeded and minced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of group cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can low sodium tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas (optional).
- It’s of ~Suggested garnishes.
- You need of Chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s of Lime wedges.
This chicken meat was incredibly tender- falling off the bone- in this pressure cooker version. The rice was full-flavored and fabulous. This recipe was adapted from The Essential Mexican Instant Pot Cookbook: Authentic Flavors and Modern Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker bye Deborah Schneider.… This pressure cooker arroz con pollo has a freshness that is often missing from store bought yellow rice. It is the furthest thing from dry and dull.
Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) instructions
- Heat pressure cooker on brown/saute mode. When hot add oil, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and all spices. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken. Stir to combine..
- Immediately add rice on top of chicken, then tomato sauce and chicken broth. Stir only a couple times to combine. Close and seal lid. Ensure steam vent is closed. Set to poultry for 35 minutes..
- When time is up let sit 10 minutes. Carefully release steam. Remove lid. Stir in peas if desired. Return lid and let sit 5 minutes for peas to warm through..
- If dish seems a little tp thick/rice too sticky you can add about 1/2 cup extra chicken broth. Serve with desired garnishes. Enjoy!.
This recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners or advanced meal prep. This Pressure Cooker Arroz Con Pollo recipe is a simple chicken and rice dish that is bound to make the whole family happy. It's a delicious Mexican recipe that's bursting with flavor and is crazy addictive, so be prepared to make this dish on a regular basis. Add all ingredients except peas to slow cooker crock. Can I freeze Arroz con Pollo?