Chicken Pot Pie. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery.
Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 3 Tbsps of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of chicken breasts- cubed.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of med. Yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks diced.
- It’s 3-4 of Carrots diced.
- Prepare 9 ounce of bag of frozen peas.
- You need 2 of tspns Thyme.
- Prepare 3 Tbspn of flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of Tbspns heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 can of buttermilk biscuits Grands.
- You need 1 of egg lightly beaten.
This was a good chicken pot pie with perfect filling consistency, super easy to make (particularly if you buy pre-made pie crusts, as I did today), and I would make again with just a few modifications. Pour mixture into one of the pie crusts. Turn the other crust over and pop out of the tin onto the top of the filled pie. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on all sides and remove from skillet..
- Add onion, carrots, celery and thyme and cook til tender. 4-5 minutes..
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer cooking 8-10 minutes more, until lightly thickened. Turn off heat and stir in peas, cream and chicken..
- Tranfer from skillet to a baking dish/ cake pan..
- Take biscuits from the can and slice in half horizotally. Place biscuit halves in a single layer over the top. Brush with egg wash and bake till golden. 25-30 minutes then serve..
When I was an ambitious lass in the corporate world juggling university in the evenings, Chicken Pot Pie was a handy one-dish freezer-friendly meal that I could cram loads of extra veggies into. So while fellow uni students were living on instant ramen and cheap sausages, I was making. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie.