Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Chicken Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaf and season generously with salt and pepper.
Once the Crock-Pot chicken noodle soup is done cooking, remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with your hands or a couple of forks. Place the chicken back into the slow cooker. Taste, and add more lemon juice and salt as needed. You can cook Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare One of whole chicken.
- It’s one of onion halved.
- You need one of garlic head of peeled.
- Prepare of spice blend.
- Prepare of ______.
- Prepare four of celery stalks of.
- You need of chicken bones.
- It’s of ______.
- Prepare two of celery stalks of.
- Prepare one of onion.
- It’s of spaghetti halved.
- Prepare of chicken leftover.
This soup is fairly fast, but if you need to cut down the prep time further, you could even cook this crockpot chicken noodle soup with rotisserie chicken. I haven't played around with making Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with a WHOLE chicken, but it's on my list for future experimentation. This Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is hearty and comforting, yet incredibly easy to make! No need for a can of soup, homemade is the best!
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- Wash and dry chicken. Then rub with spice blend. I used salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, dried basil, and dried oregano..
- Place halved onion on bottom of crockpot then chicken and garlic..
- Cook on high for 4 hours..
- This step is optional but I turned my oven broiler on and placed the chicken under the broiler for 5-10 minutes to crisp the skin..
- Cut up the chicken according to desired serving. I'll explain how I butcher my chicken at the end..
- Add 4-8 cups of water, celery, and bones of the chicken to the remaining liquid in the crockpot..
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Then, using a fine mesh strainer, strain the liquid to produce chicken stock..
- I cooked the chicken in the morning and had it for dinner, then let the broth cook overnight and used the chicken broth for chicken noodle soup for the next morning lunch..
- For the soup, I julienne celery and onion, then sweated that off in a pan before adding the stock..
- I then brought the stock up to a boil and added dried spaghetti, which I broke in half first..
- To serve, I had leftover shredded chicken in a bowl and the added the soup and noodles, and topped with a soft-boiled egg..
Is there anything more comforting than a big bowl of hearty soup?? There's something so natural about it, and it brings you right back to childhood. Well, I listened, and here it is my friends! The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup. NOTE: In the comments, you will see that a few people have reported their noodle disintegrating after adding them to the crockpot.