Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Chicken and Dumpling Recipes There's nothing like old-fashioned homemade chicken and dumplings for a filling, comforting meal.
Stir until smooth and pour back into the soup. The fact that the chicken and dumplings aren't drowning in gravy really allows the fresh, herbal flavors to shine. Also, Chicken-n-Dumpling Soup takes much less time to cook because it uses chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. You can have Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- You need of Soup.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Dumplings.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
I added a third of the butter I would normally use in my traditional chicken and dumplings recipe. Chicken dumplings flavored with parsley and tarragon are cooked in a chicken broth soup with carrots and chunks of chicken breast in this golden bowl of goodness. When tender, remove chicken from pot. Remove meat from bones and keep warm while making the dumplings.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup instructions
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
Make a well in the flour/powder mixture; pour in hot chicken stock, mixing first with a fork, then with your fingers. Add the egg and mix well again. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. Remove chicken from stockpot; cool slightly.