Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti according to the package instructions. In a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. Cook the ziti according to the package instructions.
Cover tightly with two layers of aluminum foil. I just made it for friends tonight and it was really good and really filling! Instead of ziti I used whole wheat rotini and and in place of ground beef I used ground turkey. You can cook Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti
- It’s of Ziti.
- You need of Lean Ground Beef.
- You need of Marinara Sauce (one jar).
- You need of Spinach (stems removed).
- You need of onion, chopped.
- It’s of Garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s of Ricotta.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Grated Mozzarella.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of as needed Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
Easy, Delicious MealsThis recipe is marked as both kid-friendly and freezable. To freeze individual portions, try lining a ramekin with wax paper and scooping in the pasta before baking it. Pop them out of the ramekins once they're frozen and store them in bags. When ready to bake, peel off the paper.
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook pasta according to box instructions. Drain and return to pot..
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet at medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften (4-5 minutes)..
- Add beef and 3/4 tablespoon each of salt and pepper and cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon until it's no longer pink (5-6 minutes)..
- Toss the pasta into the mixture with the marinara, spinach, ricotta, and 1/4 cup of the parmesan..
- Transfer to a 9×13" baking dish. Top with mozzarella and the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese melts..
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti recipe: Great dish you can also bake in individual dishes and serve for an upscale presentation. Enjoy this wonderful lasagna style baked pasta dish without the hassle of layering all the ingredients. A delicious blend of sauteed onions and garlic. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. It's a lot like a classic lasagna casserole, but easier to make and without lots of layers or broken noodles.