Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️. A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that's left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes.
Put it in a slow cooker to make all of your chilly winter dreams come true. Leaner cuts of beef are best for the slow cooker. The long, slow cooking method helps the connective tissue and fat breakdown slowly over many hours, which yields. You can cook Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️ using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️
- You need 2 pound of Pot Roast Beef.
- It’s as needed of Salt and Black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion (large), cut into large dice.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 5 of carrots, peeled and cut into 1inch.
- It’s 4 of celery stalks, cut into 4 cm.
- You need 250 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 750 ml of beef broth.
- You need 50 gr of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 750 g of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1inch.
This slow cooker pot roast only takes six ingredients to make thanks to a packet of onion soup mix. It gives the roast a ton of flavor without a ton of work You just dump everything into the slow cooker, walk away for a few hours, and dinner practically cooks itself. Serve it over egg noodles or rice and. I work full time, so this slow cooker roast beef is my go-to when I want a hearty, home cooked meal.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️ step by step
- Pat beef dry with paper towels. Sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper all over..
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Brown aggressively all over – a deep dark brown crust is essential for flavour base! Should take about 7 minutes.Transfer beef to slow cooker..
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until onion is browned. Add wine, reduce by half. Transfer to slow cooker..
- Mix together flour and about 1 cup of the broth. Lumps is fine. Pour into slow cooker..
- Add remaining broth, carrots, celery,oregano, rosemary and thyme into slow cooker..
- Cover and slow cook on LOW for 5 hours. Add potato, slow cook on LOW for 3 hours..
- Remove beef. Rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly. Adjust salt and black pepper of Sauce to taste. Serve beef with vegetables and plenty of sauce!.
It's a comfort to walk in and smell this simmering slow cooker pot roast that I know will be fall-apart tender and delicious. —Gina Jackson, Ogdensburg, New York. This slow cooker pot roast is insanely easy and impossibly flavorful. Here's how to make this perfect recipe for a cold winter night or when feeding a crowd. Thinly slice roast and arrange on top of vegetables on a platter. Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food!