Chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. You can have Chicken pot pie using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- It’s 2 of medium chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of refrigerated pie crust box.
- You need 2 of medium red potatoes diced.
- You need 3 of carrots sliced.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 can of green beans.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 bag of frozen peas.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tbs of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cyan pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 5 tbs of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 c of milk.
This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can.
Chicken pot pie instructions
- 1. Chop carrots, celery, and onion into small pieces. Peel potatoes, then chop into small square shape pieces. 2. Place a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbs of oil and 3 tbs of margarine or butter. Add vegetables, potatoes, and minced garlic. 3. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, bouillon cubes, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir periodically. 4. Once vegetables are relatively tender, add 3 cups of broth and reduce heat to low heat. 5. Combine 1/2 cup milk and 4-5 tbs flour.
- 6. To make a slurry it should have the consistency of pancake batter Add slurry to skillet, then stir in well 7. Add 2 large chopped boneless chicken breast. Cook until the chicken turns white and the filling thickens. Once done, stir in sour cream add the corn,green beans and frozen peas roll out one refrigated pie crust to fit in side of your cooking dish fill with your mixture place the other pie crust on top seal the edges with a fork make slits on top to allow Bush with butter and bake.
- Pre heat oven to 350 and cook for 30 to 35 min or until crust is nice and golden.
Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie Your Family will Love.