Chicken Pot Pie. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 4 of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 2 C. of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
- Prepare 1 3/4 C. of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 C. of flour.
- It’s 1/3 C. of butter.
- It’s 1/3 C. of chopped onion.
- You need 1 C. of milk, divided.
- Prepare 1 C. of Bisquick.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly, add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 min or until onion is fragrant and soft..
- Add to the skillet flour, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 C. milk slowly and continue stirring until sauce has thickened..
- Bring chicken and vegetables to skillet and mix well..
- In a small bowl combine bisquick, remaining milk and egg..
- Pour filling into baking dish and pour Bisquick batter over top and spread to even out. Pop it in the oven for 30 min. Enjoy!.
Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can. Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie.