Tricia's Eight Layer Salad. Tricia's Eight Layer Salad Tricia SC. Combine the farro with the stock or water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Gorgeous Make-Ahead Eight Layer Salad recipe for the most foolproof, colorful salad great for entertaining, potlucks, or summer picnic side dish idea!
This Make-Ahead Eight Layer Salad is a recipe I. It's my most requested recipe for family gatherings. It's simple to make ahead of time and looks lovely with all of its tasty layers. You can cook Tricia's Eight Layer Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tricia's Eight Layer Salad
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbls of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 head of iceberg lettuce.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen green peas.
- Prepare 2 of avocados.
- It’s 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tricia's homemade mayo.
- Prepare 1 cup of goat cheese.
Add layers of bacon, eggs, and lettuce. Add layers of peas and onion. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream and completely cover salad. Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad), is the perfect easy side dish to make for dinner or take to a gathering – dinner party, potluck, bbq cookout, party, or holiday meal.
Tricia's Eight Layer Salad step by step
- Slice chicken breasts very thin and season with garlic, onion powder and salt.
- Preheat pan over medium heat..
- Add oil, seasoned chicken and balsamic vinegar. Saute until chicken is cooked through and slightly brown.
- In large casserole dish layer chopped ingredients: lettuce, green onions, peas, cucumber, avocado, mayo, chicken and top with goat cheese..
A super easy salad that is made ahead of time, easily transportable, and everyone gobbles it up! The best part about this overnight salad is that you can make it your own, and substitute vegetables that you love. Garnish the top of the salad with shredded cheese, bacon crumbles, and green onions slices (optional). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. In a clear glass bowl, layer the salad ingredients in order starting with the lettuce, concentrating the ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl and filling in the center with lettuce, if needed.