White sauce cheesy chicken casserole. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. In France, this white sauce recipe is one of the five basic sauces called "meres" or "mother sauces," the basis of all other sauces. White sauce for fish and white sauce for chicken are classic preparations, but you also can find all sorts of creative ways to make this basic white sauce a regular part of special occasion meals, or as a brilliant way to bring new life to ho-hum leftovers.
This kid-friendly dinner is a win for the whole family! Some of my other favorite comfort foods include Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells, Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops, and Chicken pot pie The Best White Sauce Casserole Chicken Recipes on Yummly White Sauce, Easy Parmesan Chicken Casserole, Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. You can cook White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- It’s of For the gravy:.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- You need of For the chicken:.
- You need 2 of large chicken breast.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- You need 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- It’s 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Taste and season before mixing with potatoes. Cover with Cheddar cheese, or a mixture of Havarti and Mozzarella. Popcorn chicken layer casserole#mashed potatoes#white sauce #cheesy #yummy 😋 cook smart zai kitchen.. This is an easy to make recipe that is great for potlucks, church gatherings, holidays, or outside gatherings.
White sauce cheesy chicken casserole step by step
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9×13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
For individual portions, reheat in the microwave. Cheesy Chicken Casserole is the perfect easy casserole when you're short on time (or ingredients)! Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is topped with even more cheese and baked until melty and bubbly. Made-from-scratch creamy, cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole made in ONE POT on the stove!