Creamy chicken and rice soup. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. In a large pot over high heat, combine the celery, onions, rice, bouillon, broth and water and bring to a boil.
The soup turned out wonderfully yet I needed a way to add veggies to my family's diet. White rice is a classic choice for chicken and rice soup, but any kind of leftover rice will work here. Brown rice lends an extra toothsome bite, jasmine rice will give your pot of soup a subtle floral undertone, and hearty wild rice will add an earthy aroma. You can have Creamy chicken and rice soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken and rice soup
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots cut into small cubes.
- You need 1 of small onion dices.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth or 6 cups water and 8 chicken bullion cubes.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oil.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen peas.
- You need 1.5 cups of rice uncooked.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of flour mixed with 1/4 cup of milk.
The Jasmine Rice was the perfect addition to our creamy chicken and rice soup. With its buttery, nutty fragrance, and silky, smooth grains – it is delicious mixed with the tender chunks of chicken and sautéed vegetables in our soup's creamy chicken broth! Make This Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Gluten Free! If you are looking to make this soup gluten free, it could probably be done by swapping out the flour for half the amount of cornstarch and blending it well with some of the milk instead (of course you wouldn't be making a roux anymore but I'd still add in some of the butter for flavor and richness).
Creamy chicken and rice soup step by step
- Cook chicken breast until long longer pink in middle. Shred into small pieces.
- Put oil, onions and carrots in large pot. Cook until onions are soft..
- Add in shedded chicken, broth or bullion cubes and water. Bring to a boil the simmer for 15 min..
- Add in milk, cream cheese, peas and rice. Turn up to medium heat and stir until cream cheese melts..
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup of milk and add to pot simmer again for 15 min..
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. Once rice is soft enjoy..
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, made with carrots, celery, chicken, and wild rice in a creamy and flavorful broth. Just stir together, cover, and simmer until the vegetables and the rice are tender. While I love chicken wild rice soup too, I like to use brown rice in this easy chicken and rice soup recipe.