Cubano Arroz con Pollo. In a Cuban home, nothing is more comforting than a big plate of "Arroz con Pollo". I can recall, after a long day at high school and soccer practice, devouring more than a plate full. The savor aroma that fills your home while you cook this meal is almost as comforting as the meal itself.
Growing up, this was the perfect Sunday comfort food meal in my family. Today, arroz con pollo is the ultimate one-pot meal. Think fluffy yellow rice cooked in a tomato-based sauce with veggies and spices. You can have Cubano Arroz con Pollo using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cubano Arroz con Pollo
- It’s 4 of chicken breast, halved.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of orange bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of jalepeno, minced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 packages of sazon.
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 2.5 cups of water or chicken stock.
- You need 1.5 cups of frozen sweet peas.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
The best recipe for arroz con pollo for those authentic, savory flavors of Cuban rice and chicken. This Arroz con Pollo receta is a favorite in our food culture and Cuban food traditions made new for the modern, busy family. A classic Cuban recipe – Arroz con Pollo a la Cubana – with a twist for the modern family. arroz con pollo cubano Dentro de la amplia lista de recetas tradicionales de Cuba, no podría faltar el arroz con pollo, su sabor y textura son irresistibles al paladar. Gran mayoría de la población cubana es amante a este manjar, por ello quienes hemos tenido el gusto de probarlo, queremos volverlo a hacer cuantas veces se pueda.
Cubano Arroz con Pollo step by step
- Season chicken with 1 package of sazon and set aside while prepping the rest..
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan and brown chicken on both sides. Once brown, set aside on a plate (doesn't need to cook through at the step).
- Add your pepper, garlic and onion to the pan and cook until onions are translucent. Add all your seasoning except the package of sazon. Cook 2 more min. Add your diced tomatoes..
- Add your rice and the sazon package and mix all together. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper along the way to your taste..
- Add water and stir. Nestle the chicken back into the rice and cover and cook for 20-25 min until chicken and rice are cooked through..
- Mix in your sweet peas 5 min before serving (they really only need to be heated through).
- I garnished with diced green onions. You can garnish with cilantro if you'd like, or not garnish at all… do what you feel is right hahahaha. ENJOY!.
Arroz Con Pollo Cubano (AKA Cuban Chicken and Rice) Arroz Con Pollo is a popular home-style dish all across Central America. Each country has its own way of making it, and a list of must-include ingredients. However, I love Cuban Chicken and Rice for its simplicity. This Cuban Arroz con Pollo – Chicken & Rice is based on my abuela's delicious recipe. An easy and flavorful one-pot meal made with sautéed onions, green peppers & garlic, browned chicken thighs, and aromatic spices.