Simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well. Broccoli Note: We Love broccoli in our soup, but be prepared. If desired, cut larger chicken strips into bite-size pieces; add to slow cooker.
Are you ever in the mood for soup but still want something light? This crock pot chicken vegetable soup recipe does just that. It is packed with flavor with hardly any work! You can have Simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of 12-16oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 32 oz of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 24 oz of cold water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Ground black pepper for taste.
Crock pot chicken and vegetable soup is a light soup, but still quite flavorful. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a board. Shred the meat from the bones using two forks, then return the meat to the slow cooker, discarding the bones. Season to taste and stir through the lemon juice.
Simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup step by step
- Mix the spices together. Set to the side..
- Dice up the chicken into small pieces. Put into the slow cooker..
- Add the vegetables to the slow cooker..
- Pour the water and stock over the chicken and vegetables..
- Finally, add the spices and stir together. Then place the bay leaves on top of the soup. Put the lid on top, turn the temperature to low and set the timer to 8 hours..
Remove and discard the bunch of herbs. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the dill or parsley. This refreshing slow cooker chicken soup is a must-try. It's packed with vegetables, pulled chicken, and cooked in a delicious herby chicken broth. If you're looking for a healthier soup, then this is undoubtedly one you need to add to your list.