Chicken tzatziki cucumber boats. Top with the remaining tomato and dill. I've tended a garden for decades, and these colorful "boats" made from cucumbers hold my fresh tomatoes, peas and dill. It's absolute garden greatness. —Ronna Farley, Rockville, Maryland.
We love gyros but never have attempted to make it at home before. It was super easy and tasted amazing! This may become our annual xmas dinner!! You can have Chicken tzatziki cucumber boats using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken tzatziki cucumber boats
- It’s 2 of medium cucumbers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fat free plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- You need 3 teaspoons of snipped fresh dill divided.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken breast.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped seeded tomato about 1 large divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas thawed.
It has the bright flavors of lemon and dill, salty feta, and it's lightened up with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Stuff cucumber dill chicken salad into pitas or make lettuce wraps for a gluten free and keto-friendly meal. Greek Marinated Chicken, cucumber salad, tzatziki, red onion, and tomato, served over brown rice. These are quick and easy to make, and will help you be set for the week.
Chicken tzatziki cucumber boats step by step
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise in half. Scoop out the pulp leaving a 1/4 inch shell in a bowl mix yogurt mayonnaise garlic salt and 1 teaspoon dill gently stir in chicken 3/4 cup tomato and peas..
- Spoon into cucumber shells. Top with the remaining tomato and dill..
Be sure to check out other great meal prep recipes: Italian Chicken Meal Prep, Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep, Ginger Orange Chicken, and Chicken Enchiladas. In the meantime, to a small bowl add greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, garlic powder, and salt to taste. Using a spoon mix everything together. The chicken is great, the tzatziki classic, but if you ask me, the real show stopper is this Greek Salad! Crunchy cucumber, tangy tomatoes, flavorful red onions, kalamata olives, and of course, little bits and pieces of that creamy feta that just pulls it all together.