Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken, spices and water.
Each bite is so delicious and the perfect meal when you are craving comfort food. Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe. This delicious stew is loaded with so much flavor that you won't be able to eat just one bowl. You can have Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt free all purpose seasoning, poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each garlic powder, nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker to serving bowl, using slotted spoon. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm. Increase cooker to high heat setting. Mix whipping cream, flour and remaining thyme; stir into liquid in cooker.
Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the veggies and seasonings in. Place the chicken breasts over the top of the veggies then pour in the broth. Place the lid on, set the heat to low and cook for about 6 hours, until everything is tender and the chicken is cooked through..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then stir in the frozen corn. In a small measuring glass, whisk together the flour and the cream until it's relatively smooth, then stir that mixture into the slow cooker. Place the lid back on and let it cook for another 45-60 minutes, until it has thickened up and the flour taste has cooked off. Taste for any additional seasoning you'd like to add, then serve..
The slow cooker allows the vegetables and chicken to all meld the flavors together and have a thick, creamy texture to the liquid. It takes a while but is well worth the wait. By skipping on the heavy cream and using coconut milk instead, you get a silky texture without the unhealthy fats. Add everything into the slow cooker in the morning and come home in the evening to a wholesome stew that your whole family will. Chicken Stew made right in the slow cooker!