Lonnie`s Jambalya Recipe. See great recipes for Lonnie`s Jambalya Recipe, Jambalya too! If you're a fan of jambalaya they need to save this recipe because it helps you make some of the best jambalaya known to man. The best part is it's actually pretty simple to make.
It has been a family favorite for years. This sauce is great for lasagna or spaghetti and GREATLY improves when stored and re-heated! I will generally cook an entire batch of sauce and store it for use later.. You can have Lonnie`s Jambalya Recipe using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lonnie`s Jambalya Recipe
- It’s 1/2 of Rotisserie Chicken or chicken breasts shredded.
- It’s 2 lb of kielbasa, smoked sausage or andouille sausage, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 2 of Green Bell pepper.
- Prepare 5 of celery stalks diced.
- Prepare 1 of large Sweet onion diced.
- It’s 2 (15 oz) of cans of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning or cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 dash of hot sauce.
- You need 3 cup of uncooked white rice.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 10 cup of chicken stock.
Great recipe for Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. This is Zippy's Macaroni Salad the go to place for macaroni salad in Hawaii, courtesy of Copycat Recipes. This recipe brings back memories of when I was stationed in Hawaii and would eat at one of the local eataries. I love the mix of chicken, shrimp, and sausage in the Jambalaya.
Lonnie`s Jambalya Recipe instructions
- Add chicken stock and diced Tomatoes to crockpot on high or medium low in a stock pot.
- Heat oil & butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute sausage until lightly browned, about 8 minutes..
- Remove sausage and drain.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and sauté until translucent..
- Remove vegetables then add the vegetables, sausage, shredded chicken to the crockpot or stock pot.
- Add old bay seasoning, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Note: this is a mild version of Jambalaya feel free to adjust the heat to your taste..
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours in a crockpot or 2 to 3 hours on low in a stock potafter the Jambalya starts to boil..
- 45 minutes before you plan to eat, cook the rice as directed on the package..
- Serve Jambalya over rice.
- Note: This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare and a couple of hours or more to simmer before it's ready to eat.
Great recipe for Chili Lime Seasoning. You can also make the mix without the lime. Butter cake has the added pleasure of Cheddar cheese in this homey recipe. This recipe's one of my favorite ones! You can sprinkle more Cheddar cheese on top after baking if you like.