Spicy Southwest Style Chicken Strips. To Assemble Spicy Southwestern Chicken Salad. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Spicy Southwest Style Chicken Strips.
These Southwest Chicken Tenders are simple to make and can be served up in so many different ways. Here's a great recipe to try this grilling season. These Southwest Chicken Tenders take main stage in the Southwest Chicken and Bacon Wraps. You can have Spicy Southwest Style Chicken Strips using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Southwest Style Chicken Strips
- You need 1 of large pack chicken breast (cut into strips).
- Prepare of Olive oil (enough to coat pan).
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can of Bush’s black bean fiesta, undrained (or 1 can regular black beans, undrained).
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen whole kernel corn.
- You need 2 jars (16 ounce) of Salsa.
- Prepare of White rice, cooked.
- You need of Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
Southwest Chicken Directions: Preheat broiler on high setting. Place rack at top of oven. Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat. Remove any cartilage from the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Spicy Southwest Style Chicken Strips step by step
- Rinse, pat dry chicken breast, then cut into strips…….
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or pan……
- Place chicken strips into heated oil in pan…….
- Season strips with chili powder, ground cumin,black pepper and minced garlic, sauté for several minutes…….
- Next add into pot your can of black beans, corn and salsa, heat until boiling, then lower heat and continue to cook uncovered for 20 more minutes……..
- Serve spicy chicken over white rice topped with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy 😉!.
Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Sear each breast on both sides. Place on a sheet pan and top with artichoke salsa. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, corn, beans, and chicken on a large platter or in a bowl. Top with cheese, pine nuts, and tortilla strips.