When You're Sick Soup. When you're on the sick list, these soothing soups are easy to eat and can help fight congestion while keeping you nourished and hydrated. Sometimes, simply breathing in the warm and fragrant steam from a comforting bowl of soup is enough to make you feel a little bit better. Go ahead and call in sick so you can cook yourself back to health with these recipes.
My kids acteally like this soup when sick. ( one of mine is a picky eater). The only thing different that I do is I slow cook this recipe in a crock pot because normally every one is sick at the same time at my house and when im sick the. A soup is so versatile, that you can make it with vegetables only or add protein such as chicken and eggs, which bring good nutrients to your body especially when you're sick. You can cook When You're Sick Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of When You're Sick Soup
- Prepare 3 of large yellow onions chopped.
- You need 1/2 bag of shredded and cleaned collard greens.
- You need 1 bunch of celery chopped.
- It’s 6-8 of red potatoes chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions chopped.
- You need 2 cartons of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of small bag of frozen corn.
- It’s 3 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of ring of smoked sausage (optional).
- You need 1 of small carton heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
These easy soup recipes can be used during a period of sickness but you can also consumer as a daily meal to boost up your immune system and stay healthy everyday. Chicken Noodle Soup Really Can Help When You're Sick It's not just a myth. Slurping soup or sipping tea may have actual health benefits that help us heal. Sick Soup or feel better soup is a soul warming vegetarian soup that helps you to feel better when sickness hits.
When You're Sick Soup step by step
- Put onions, garlic, and meat in stock pot with a little olive oil and brown.
- Add chicken stock and rest of vegetable ingredients and bring to boil.
- Turn to simmer and add cream stirring occasionally until potatoes are done. About 20 minutes roughly. We dont like mushy greens so 20 minutes is perfect for us..
- Enjoy with a cup of hot tea and get feeling better quick..
- (you can add any frozen vegetables you like to this soup. Stay away from citrus due to the cream).
The unique combination of ingredients in this best soup for a cold that will make you feel better! This back-pocket broth is hardly even a recipe, but it's the most soothing soup we can imagine for sick days, cold nights, and any other time you need a little extra comfort. And if you have a sick friend, the best thing you can do for them, hands down, is make them some soup. On your mark, set, get your spoons ready! Love & Lemons Similar to chicken soup, broths are excellent sources of hydration while you're sick.