Homemade Mac and Cheese. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
It's a mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour that is used to create thick sauces. Serve this homemade mac and cheese recipe all by itself for an easy lunch or dinner! My kids love it with chopped up hot dogs. You can cook Homemade Mac and Cheese using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Prepare of pasta.
- You need of Crumb Topping.
- It’s of melted butter.
- You need of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s of peprika.
- It’s of Cheese sauce.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of shredded monetary jack cheese.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of peprika.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
Classic Homemade Mac and Cheese made with bite-size pasta, cheddar cheese, and a simple creamy sauce all baked to perfection in the oven. This recipe includes tips, tricks, and photos for making PERFECT baked mac and cheese. My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. The best homemade mac and cheese!
Homemade Mac and Cheese step by step
- Start by making the crumb topping by completely melting the butter. Mix in the bread crumbs and the peprika..
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Now start the cheese sauce. Get a large saucepan and add the butter until it is completely melted. Once it's melted add in flour. This will make a rue..
- Slowly add in all the milk and turn the heat to medium. Once it is smooth add in the cheese a handful at a time until it is melted and smooth. Add in the spices, and turn the heat to low and let it sit over the heat..
- Boil a pot of water and add the noodles. Don't cook the noodles all the way because it will go in the oven later..
- Strain the pasta and out in in a large bowl. Add the cheese sauce and mix it up. Add it to a oven safe pan and put the crumb topping on the top..
- Put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the crumb topping is brownish..
As I was planning what to post this fall, I realized that I'd never shared an easy, homemade mac and cheese recipe. Easy homemade mac and cheese recipe. Creamy, cheesy, rich and super delicious macaroni and cheese recipe. You might have grown up eating mac and cheese from the blue box, but now that you're older it's time to ditch the almost-instant stuff (complete with Here's the secret: Mac and cheese is so easy to make. Not to mention the fact that the variations are almost endless.