Italian Nachos. Italian sausage, pepperoni, banana peppers, mozzarella, and pizza sauce make for great nachos. I LOVE the Italian Nachos at Johnny Carino's. This is a recipe I am working on to get my fix at home.
We all have a favorite good nacho recipe up our sleeves. Tortilla chips, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, onions, and jalapeños. Make sure you PIN Italian Nachos! You can cook Italian Nachos using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Nachos
- It’s 1 package of Wonton wraps.
- It’s 1 of rotisserie chicken.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of roma tomatoes (optional).
- It’s of banana peppers (optional).
- It’s of black olives (optional).
- Prepare of alfredo sauce (see alfredo sauce recipe).
- It’s of jalapeño (optional).
- It’s of salsa.
Being the food blogger that I am I obviously had to shake things up a bit and take your classic nachos to a whole new awesome. Years ago I had these yummy Italian nachos at a restaurant, and it was high time I recreated that recipe. This is a copycat recipe for Old Chicago's Italian Nachos with crispy fried wonton chips, Italian sausage crumbles, pepperoni, pepper rings, and melted mozzarella cheese served with marinara dipping sauce. To Prepare Italian Nachos – Place pasta chips in a mound on a baking sheet tray.
Italian Nachos instructions
- Fry wonton wraps in coconut oil (or any other frying oil). Lay out wontons on baking sheet. Cover with chicken, cheese and any other topping desired. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted. **Top with alfredo sauce and salsa..
Top chips with sliced jalapenos, sliced pepperoncinis, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced chicken and cooked ground Italian sausage. Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cut the wonton wrappers into smaller chip-sized triangles or strips. Add an inch of oil in a pot or pan and heat on medium heat. The original Carino's Italian Nachos come with the alfredo sauce on them.