Mediterranean Nachos. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper and spread pita triangles across; drizzle olive oil lightly across, along with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly. On large microwavable plate, arrange tortilla chips in single layer. Feel free of course to top your Mediterranean Nachos with your own mix of favorite vegetables.
These Meditteranean nachos use pita chips instead of tortilla chips and are topped with a heart-healthy fat, delicious spices, fresh veggies, and filling protein. Mediterranean Nachos Layers of crunchy chips, melted cheese and chopped chicken are topped with Mediterranean favorites for a fast and filling dinner the whole family will love! This Mediterranean Nachos recipe is from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin. You can cook Mediterranean Nachos using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Nachos
- Prepare Bag of tortilla chips on the border.
- You need of Meat of your choice steak or chicken cooked and diced I use chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Montreal cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of fate cheese for the top only.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped lettuce.
- Prepare 1/2 of diced red onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- Prepare Cup of pitted olives black and green.
- You need 1 of avocado diced.
- Prepare 2 of diced 🌶 chili green.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of creamy Greek dressing.
- Prepare of Sour cream for dip.
- Prepare of Salsa for dip.
Nachos and Mediterranean food are two of the greatest culinary joys in life, so the creation of this hybrid dish was inevitable. Mediterranean Nachos are a delicious gluten free and vegetarian snack/appetizer loaded with hummus, veggies, feta and more- a fun spin on the classic Tex-Mex dish. I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with.
Mediterranean Nachos instructions
- Rub sumac with diced red onion add to the lettuce and tomatoes and olives with avocado and fate cheese and dressing and refrigerate.
- Over on broiler lay the1/2 bag of chips then the chicken and do not skip on the cheese I put 2 cups of it you could change to your favorite cheese keep watching you do not want to burn it.
- 10 minutes later put the salad on top and serve while it’s hot with sour cream and salsa.
Did Chef Kiko just quit Below Deck Mediterranean over some nachos? After Captain Sandy confronted him about the dish, the two had a cringe-worthy conversation about his future on the yacht. The Mediterranean diet is the healthiest one around—and you can still follow it if you're a novice chef. It focuses on including lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes and healthy fats. For protein, it prioritizes fish and poultry over red meat, but the best news is that nothing is off limits.