Chicken Nachos. The chicken mixture is a little bland, and I prefer more toppings (olives, jalapenos, etc.) on my nachos. These chicken nachos are made with tortilla chips layered with seasoned chicken, green chilies and cheese. They are to die for with some guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Grabbing a rotisserie chicken is the best way to jump-start nachos at home. You can also use leftover chicken, especially if it's the ready-to-shred stuff that comes from the slow cooker or Instant Pot. In a large skillet, cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until tender. You can have Chicken Nachos using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Nachos
- Prepare of nachos.
- Prepare 10 cup of tortilla chips.
- Prepare 7 oz of fire roasted tomatoes with salsa seasoning.
- It’s 15 oz of can pinto beans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of black olives.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hot jalapeno pepper slices.
- Prepare 8 oz of pre cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 6 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
So here's what goes in my Chicken Nachos. Rotisserie (or leftover) chicken keeps it quick, and the seasonings and splash of lime juice lend fantastic flavor. My husband enjoys this snack so much that he often requests it for dinner! —Gail Cawsey, Geneseo, Illinois Chicken Nachos Chicken Nachos Ingredients. Chicken – You can use a rotisserie chicken or some shredded cooked chicken breast.; Salsa – Jarred salsa is good, but you could also make some of our roasted tomato salsa.; Shredded cheese – I like Mexican blend cheese (also sometimes called Fiesta blend cheese).; Tortilla chips – If you're out of tortilla chips, try breaking up some taco.
Chicken Nachos step by step
- Take the can of pinto beans and pour can and liquids into a skillet and heat over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat..
- Put beans into a blender and blend until smooth..
- Preheat oven to 400°F Fahrenheit..
- On a large baking tray that has been lightly oiled, place tortilla chips..
- Then take the blended beans and drop by spoonfuls over the chips..
- Next, drop by spoonfuls the fire roasted tomatoes..
- Take cooked chicken and thinly slice. Place the chicken over the chips..
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. You may use more cheese..
- Sprinkle olives and jalapenos over the cheese..
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned a little..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Layer up the tortilla chips in an ovenproof dish or baking tray with the chopped chicken, spring onions, cheese and pickled jalapeños. To serve, sprinkle with the coriander and eat with your favourite accompaniments. This means every chip is gloriously topped with chicken, cheese, salsa, avocado and, well, more cheese. Make it a bigger meal by adding black beans or get crazy and swap the avocado for guacamole. Get the recipe for Cheesy Chicken Nachos Recipe.