Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup. Are you looking for a slow cooking recipe? Creamy Roasted Chicken Tortilla Soup Perpetually Hungry US. Heat some of the water in the microwave until almost boiling.
Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Slow Cooker. Since this soup is a crock pot recipe, it's SO EASY to cook up for dinner/lunch or have an hand as a freezer meal. Light and Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is hearty soup is filled with shredded chicken, tomatoes, corn and creamy refried beans. You can have Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin.
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- You need 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- It’s 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- You need 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 20 oz of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
This easy chicken tortilla soup has all the creamy comfort without the cream! If you enjoy this soup recipe you should also try my classic Chicken Tortilla Soup or my CrockPot Chicken Enchilada Soup. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Ladle soup into bowls; top with tortilla chips and sour cream.
Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
Chilly evenings call for a comforting soup with a bit of restorative kick and plenty of vibrant toppings. Crush half the strips for the soup and garnish with the avocado, cilantro, and. Flavorful, but not over-the-top spicy, this tortilla soup tastes like it came from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water.