Vickys Coconut Chocolate Macaroons GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Coconut Chocolate Macaroons GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Coconut Chocolate Macaroons GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 240 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 80 ml of agave nectar or maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract or powder.
- You need 40 grams (1/4 cup) of potato starch – NOT flour.
- It’s 225 grams (3 cups) of desiccated / finely shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare 120 grams of chocolate chips, I use Moo Free or Enjoy Life free-from brands.
Vickys Coconut Chocolate Macaroons GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and liberally grease a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This is important as the macaroons will stick if you don't grease the paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut milk, agave and vanilla.
- Add the potato starch a little at a time, beating to combine, then stir in the coconut.
- Measure out a level tablespoon of the mixture. Using your fingers, mould the spoonful into a cone-like mound while still on the spoon, then slide off onto the baking sheet spacing them at least half an inch apart. Repeat until the baking sheet is full.
- Bake until firm and lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Peel the macaroons from the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm. Continue to bake the rest of the macaroons in batches until the mixture is used up.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water isn't touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon some chocolate over the top of each macaroon. You can completely coat them if you prefer but I like to do a splodge on top so your fingers don't get all chocolate-y eating them.
- Refrigerate until set and store in a lidded container in the fridge until eaten.