Upside down chicken nachos. Using silicone-tipped utensils, shred the chicken in the pot. Add the refried beans, salt, and taco seasoning and stir well to incorporate. Arrange half the tortilla chips evenly on top of the chicken mixture, then cover chips with half the cheese.
Arrange half of the tortilla chips evenly on top of the chicken mixture, then cover the chips with half of the cheese. My nachos are done upside down. I have my beef and refried beans layer on the bottom then i layer it up with double layers of chips, cheese and lashings of queso sauce. You can cook Upside down chicken nachos using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Upside down chicken nachos
- It’s of Chicken tenders.
- It’s 1 jar of salsa 16oz.
- You need 1 can of Refried beans.
- It’s 1 pack of taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning.
- You need of Tortilla chips.
- You need of Cheese.
- It’s of Topping sour cream any thing you like.
I do It in this fashion so. Top and fill the skillet with corn chips, top the chips with the cheese sauce. Broil to heat chips and brown sauce a bit. Nachos, everyone's favourite appetizer, gets turned upside down into a quick and easy chicken bake.
Upside down chicken nachos instructions
- Put salsa in first. Add the chicken tenders. Cook on hi for 15-20 with a quick release. (for frozen chicken cook a little longer.).
- Break up the chicken, (be careful on what you used don’t mess up the inter pot.) it breaks up easy. (Use silicone).
- Add refried beans, taco seasoning, salt to taste, mix until well combined..
- Layer with chips, cheese another layer of chips, ending with more cheese..
- Air crisp for 3-5 mins, check of so you don’t burn the chips and cheese, this does not take long… just want to melt the cheese..
- Notes- in the air crisp I burnt my cheese and had to remove some of the chips, and I just added d more cheese. this burns easy. The recipe said 10 min to crisp it wasn’t even 5 mins and it was burnt, that was a big change I made..
- You can use 2-3 chicken breast. I cook with my foodie almost every day, so I know how long it take for how much chicken, I did mine for 15 mins not frozen, if it was breast I would of done 20 mins if they was thick ones…. adjusted cooking time as needed, temp your chicken 165 is done. This is a quick and easy dish… good starter recipe for someone learning to cook/beginner with a pressure cooker, easy recipe for kids and teens….
By: The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. This quick meal starts on the stove then bakes in the oven. Baked tortilla chips deliver lots of crunch with less fat than fried corn chips. These simple nachos which evoke the Hawaiian islands feature only a few ingredients: smoky grilled ham, pineapple and onions, with melted Colby Jack cheese, garnished with chopped parsley and chives, and pickled jalapenos. I place all the ingredients in individual bowls and let everyone top their nachos themselves.