Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes.
You can cook Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- It’s 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of canned coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s of juice of 2 limes.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice, for serving.
- You need of naan, for serving – we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes instructions
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice. Season to taste with salt..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..