Easy Chicken and Dumplings. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you.
For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, thyme and nutmeg; stir in milk and remaining parsley just until moistened. Super quick and easy – not as good as my mom's recipes with biscuits from scratch, but still great for a cool day. I add extra carrots, an extra can of cream of chicken soup and a little fresh thyme. You can have Easy Chicken and Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- You need 3 quart of water.
- Prepare 7 of cubes chicken bouilion.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 small of rolls of canned biscuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 7 of drops of yellow food coloring.
Cook your chicken if you are not using pre-cooked. Cook – In a pan, cook the veggies and stir in the flour, evaporated milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add the chicken and seasoning. Make the dumplings – Whisk together the dry ingredients and then stir in the wet to form the dough.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings instructions
- In a large pot, bring to boil water, bouillon, salt, pepper and chicken. Reduce heat to med high and boil for 30 min..
- Remove chicken and set aside. Lower heat to about med..
- Separate biscuits and pinch into threes. (put them into pot as you pinch them apart to prevent them from sticking together).
- Drop in food coloring and stir. Stirring frequently, cook till dumplings start to stick to bottom of pan. About 20-25 min. (your sauce will be thick) Reduce to simmer..
- Pull chicken apart in pieces and throw in pot. Stir and Serve.
Make soup: In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. If you are looking for an easy chicken and dumplings recipe, you found it! Today I'm sharing all my tips and tricks on how to make your chicken and dumplings from scratch with minimal work. Don't get nervous when I say this recipe is made from scratch.