Super easy chicken pie. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Stir together soup, vegetables and flour.
Arrange the vegetables and chicken in the crust and cover with the condensed soup. (For a thinner gravy, mix a little milk or water into the soup before adding it to the pie.) Cover with the top crust and seal the edges. Cut a couple of vents in the top crust and bake as if for a two-crust pie (such as an apple pie) until golden brown and bubbly. chicken breasts – boneless, skinless chicken breast, or leftover rotisserie chicken works great!; frozen mixed vegetables, onion and garlic – frozen veggies work great here, the only chopping you'll do is the onions and garlic.; cream of chicken soup, milk, cheddar cheese – perfect to make an easy creamy gravy for this pie.; pie crust – take a shortcut and use a pre-made pie crust. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. You can cook Super easy chicken pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super easy chicken pie
- You need 2 cup of flour (any kind will work!).
- You need 1 cup of butter or shortening.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Boiling water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken gravy.
- You need 1 slice of onion.
This easy chicken pot pie recipe is simply the best! This comforting chicken pot pie is easy to make and it freezes well too! It is a family favorite meal! There are so many cherished memories attached to pot pie for me.
Super easy chicken pie step by step
- To Make Pastry….
- Mix boiling water with butter or shortening until frothy..
- Gradually add flour & salt until mixture comes away from the sides of the bowl. Add extra flour if needed. Refrigerate.
- For The Filling…..
- Fry onion for about 2 mins, add sliced/cubed chicken & fry until cooked. As this is doing, make up chicken gravy & add peas. At this point you can add extras ie mushrooms or carrot, but as a basic just peas is more than tasty enough!.
- Mix cooked chicken with gravy & peas, pour mixture into pie tin (or muffin trays if making individual pies), roll out pastry dough to 1cm thick & place over the top..
- Cook for 20 to 25 mins, until top is golden brown. Enjoy!!.
That simple comfort food had a way to relieve stress, I swear. In a another bowl mix the egg, milk & Bisquick just until moistened. This savory pie is filled with chicken, carrots, celery, onion and peas in a creamy made-from-scratch sauce. Some versions include a bottom crust and a top crust, while other pot pie recipes only use a top crust. The topping can be made with a classic pie pastry, with biscuits, or even with puff pastry.