Easy Chicken Paella. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Transfer to a plate; reserve the pot. Remove the sofrito (the onion, pepper, and garlic) from.
This Easy Chicken Paella Recipe is a one pan dinner that makes a great weeknight meal. This paella recipe is a straight forward version of the favorite Spanish dish. Quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner and requires. You can cook Easy Chicken Paella using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Paella
- You need of paella.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 4 large of boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of plain flour ( for dusting ).
- It’s 500 grams of paella rice (can use risotto rice).
- Prepare 6 slice of pancetta (or smokey bacon).
- Prepare 100 grams of chorizo.
- You need 1 of onion – finely chopped.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves chopped finely.
- It’s 2 liter of hot chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 large of pinches of saffron.
- Prepare 2 of handfulls of fresh or frozen peas.
- Prepare 10 of king prawns (optional, can use any seafood).
This easy one pot Chicken and Chorizo Paella is perfect for busy evenings when you have very little time to cook but still want a great tasting meal! How to Make Simple Chicken Paella. Heat oil in large skillet or paella pan. In a large deep non-stick skillet, or a paella pan with cover, warm olive oil over medium-high heat.
Easy Chicken Paella step by step
- preheat oven to 190c or gas mark 5.
- season chicken breasts, lightly dust with flour.
- heat a large wok or paella pan with olive oil.
- brown the chicken breats in the pan.
- once all chicken breasts have been browned,place the chicken on a baking tray and place in the centre of the oven for 30 mins.
- whilst chicken is cooking in the oven, fry the chorizo and panchetta in the wok or pan until brown and crispy..
- then add the garlic and onion, cook until soft.
- in the meantime, infuse half the stock with the saffron..
- then add smoked paprika, the rice and the infused chicken stock to the pan. leave to cook for 20 mins on a medium heat. stir from time to time.
- after 20 minutes the rice should be nearly cooked. add the rest of the stock, along with peas, prawns and any seafood you are adding..
- cook for a further 10 minutes..
- take the chicken out of the oven, cut in to large chunks..
- add the chicken to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes..
- check the rice is fully cooked before serving, enjoy!.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper on all sides. Add the chicken, and brown on all sides. Add in the onion and garlic, saute until translucent. You don't need a special paella pan to make this easy take on the classic Spanish dish. Use a wide, shallow saute pan with a lid.