3 cheese Doritos Casserole. Doritos® Chicken Cheese Casserole Doritos® Chicken Cheese Casserole. You'll know it's done when the filling is hot and bubbly, the cheese is melted, and the chips on top are toasted and crunchy. Cook Meat: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
This just needs to be heated since the chicken is already cooked through. Doritos Chicken Casserole is an easy creamy weeknight casserole with chicken breast, corn, beans and cheese topped with a Nacho Cheese Doritos crust. If you're looking for an easy Dinner Recipe your whole family will love, than look no further than this Doritos Chicken Casserole. You can have 3 cheese Doritos Casserole using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 3 cheese Doritos Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless chicken breast or chicken strips.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken.
- Prepare 1 can of mild rotel.
- You need 2 can of Mexican corn.
- You need 2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 2 cup of Mexican blend cheese.
- You need 2 cup of Colby/Jack cheese.
- It’s 2 packages of doritos (spicy sweet chilli & spicy nacho cheese).
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
For the Doritos – I used Doritos Nacho Cheese flavor chips. They gave this casserole an amazing flavor and great crunch. You can use flavor tortilla chips. Ruffles chips, plain or any flavor, would be good too.
3 cheese Doritos Casserole instructions
- In a skillet add butter an chicken (season with Kick'n Chicken or seasoning salt).
- In another skillet brown ground beef.
- When chicken starts to sizzle add water an cook until u can break with fork or spoon.
- In a large baking pan coat the bottom with a layer of crushed doritos (both flavors).
- In the pot with the beef add your chopped chicken, cream of chicken, corn, rotel, an pepper.
- Cook ingredients together for about 5 minutes.
- Add a layer of meat mixture to layer of chips.
- Add the layer of three cheeses.
- Crush more doritos by hand an make another layer and continue until you run out of meat!.
- Pop in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with enchiladas or mashed potatoes and ENJOY!!.
For the cheese, you can use all Pepperjack or all cheddar cheese. As well, you can substitute your favorite cheese or what you have. In her younger years, though, kid-approved casserole recipes like this nacho cheese flavored Doritos casserole were a lifesaver!! Now that my kids are older, they like a much wider variety of flavors. So, I have included some of my family's favorite variations and stir-ins for my dorito bake below and in the recipe card notes!