Popcorn Chicken. Make your own batter-coated, crispy fried popcorn chicken at home; this quick and easy recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. Instead, make your own at home. Popcorn chicken is quite literally crispy, crunchy nuggets.
Popcorn chicken can be eaten as a lunch or dinner, but my absolute favorite way is as an appetizer. Get Popcorn Chicken Recipe from Food Network. Popcorn chicken is much popular in every part of the world and makes its presence on the menus of KFC, fast food centres & even in restaurants. You can cook Popcorn Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Popcorn Chicken
- It’s 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed no larger than a grape).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying.
I am sure these delicious, flavorful & crisp fried tender popcorn chicken will be your new favorite. All white meat, like every nugget should be. Grab a box to go or add them as a side. The popcorn chicken and fried tofu didn't disappoint either.
Popcorn Chicken instructions
- In large skillet, heat about 1" oil on med-high heat (needs to be around 335°).
- In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, garlic and both peppers.
- In separate medium bowl, add egg & milk. Beat gently.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry in oil for 8-10 minutes (or until golden brown and chicken is cooked thoroughly).
- Remove from oil; place on paper towles to drain excess oil.
Chicken was very moist and juicy — lots of meat with some breading — the way it should be done. Sticky Finger Popcorn Chicken Boys Ahoy. brown sugar, Louisiana Hot Sauce, popcorn chicken, apple cider vinegar. To make popcorn chicken, start by cutting some skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Next, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, ground turmeric, onion powder, and black pepper in a bag. It's an extra-large serving of Popcorn Chicken.